Saturday, August 25, 2007

Floored......by a mosquito?

Didn't managed to write anything in a week...came down with high fever last saturday.Was on MC for 2 days and was told to do a blood test if the fever didn't come down. It did and I went back to work on Wednesday. Started to develop a rash on Thursday and when I went to see the doctor he insisted that I do a blood test. The platelet count was below normal and he suspected that it was dengue. So...no choice. Had to go down to A&E at Tan Tock Seng to have a second blood test. The results confirmed that it was dengue. Today's blood test shows that the platelet count is on the rise and I should be back to normal.

The events of the last few days were still a big blur but one thing I still cannot comprehend - how can you be rendered so helpless by a mere mosquito! Sigh!

Thank God for His mercies and that He watches over our every move.

No comments: