Thursday, October 18, 2007

How Time Flies!

I was not looking forward to it...but in the end...it still comes round.
Just celebrated my 50th birthday a few weeks ago. It was a low-key affair. Had a few makan sessions with family and friends.

How time flies! Time for a little reflection. Looking back, I have to say this....God has been good! I am not saying this because I have arrived, or I have achieved my goals. Rather it was a period of up and downs. Many times I felt like I have failed, but it is by God's grace that I am here and able to celebrate my fiftieth year.

God works in mysterious ways. That is why we grow stronger in our faith everytime we see His hands at work in every facets of our life. He is always there. It is when we take our eyes off Him and are overwhelmed by the worries and frustrations we faced that finally put us down.

Two passages in the Bible has been my guiding light these past years.

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (NKJV)


Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)

Gal 2:20 reminds me of my place in this life. I don't own myself. I am a redeemed person, purchased by Christ with His blood to live for Him.

Proverbs 3:5,6 is my guiding principle. Knowing and trusting Him to guide me in my everyday life helps to ensure that my life remain in focus on Him.

What am I looking forward to after 50? Well, it has to be the same answer. Live my life for Him. God is not finish with me yet. There are plenty of things to do but I pray that those things are what He wants me to do, and not of my own.

No comments: