Monday, August 18, 2008

Running The Race

A few weeks ago, we mourned the passing of a dear brother whom we have grown up together during the past 30 years. In fact, we recently met at my place for a time of fellowship. It seemed just yesterday that we were talking of the past and our future plans and now he is with the Lord.


His passing has brought new focus to the words of Paul in 2 Tim 4: 7,8

" I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. " (NKJV)

What race are we on right now? A race to gather more money so that we can retire well or are we motivated like Paul to finished well the task that God has given us? Paul has exalted Timothy to.. " Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching" ( Vs 3 ).

Wake up from our slumber...the time is at hand..

No comments: