Monday, March 10, 2008

Our God Reigns

Our God Reigns! The spiritual exhortation resounded in my mind and heart throughout the last week as we concluded the prophetic & healing conference. It was brought closer to home when the results of the GCE 'A' level examinations were released. There were joy as well as heartache as each student received their result slip from their school last Friday.

As parents, we feel the anxiety felt by our children. How do we counsel our children on this? I am reminded of the story of David in 1 Sam 30. David was blamed when the Amalekites raided their camp and captured their wives and children. What did He do? David "strengthened himself in the LORD" (1 Sam 30:6). He seek the Lord's direction and was able to recover all that he lost and more.

In all circumstances, good or bad, remember that "Our God Reigns!". He is sovereign in all situations. Draw strength from Him and seek Him to direct your ways.

2 comments:

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Jerry

Was checking out your blog and discovered that you made reference to the very same verse about David strengthening himself in the LORD about the same time I did!

When the Going Gets Tough

I suppose it's not mere coincidence since the same Holy Spirit that resides inside both you and me did the prompting :-)

Jerry said...

Hi Malcolm,

Yes, I remembered I read it from your blog and I used it to strengthen a cell mate who was going through a rough patch. Praise God indeed.