Wednesday, September 12, 2007

God Answers Prayers

"God answers prayers". The simple truth just blows me away. I was sitting through WIN (Worship & Intercession Night) listening to Tony's message on Exodus 17:8-16 as he shares how the Israelites fought and won the war when Moses hands were lifted up continuously by Aaron & Hur.

Tony elaborated on three points :

1. We pray to give God the glory
2. We need prayer partners
3. God answers Prayers

The message was simple : At all times - Pray.

Going into WIN last night, I was grappling with a few issues at work and feeling frustrated and looking for a quiet moment to worship. God impressed on me the message that although I have prayed about it, I really didn't expect God to solve it and was trying to work out a solution myself, thus robbing God of His glory. God reminded me of the many times He had answered my cries for help and that He will continue to answer when we ask. It was a time of confession and acknowledging His sovereignity over all situations in my life as I ask Him to take over and believe that He will answer my prayers.

Judging by the testimonies last night, some were similarly touched.

Truly, He is an awesome God!

2 comments:

Malcolm Loh said...

Hi Jerry

It is interesting that Tony spoke about Exodus 17, because the following post contrasts how the LORD responded to the Israelites grumblings between Exodus 17 and Numbers 14.

Grave Consequences

Jerry said...

Thanks for the sharing. Interesting viewpoint.
I was looking for you on Sunday but didn't manage to find you. Hope to catch up again this sunday.